Sweden!

Friday, February 10, 2006

Malmo for the third time

Tub of Euroshopper jam for 20 SEK ~S$4.40. It's 1.5kg of rashberry jam. It's crazy. Shared with Janice and Grace.

Peanut butter. I don't eat it that much in Singapore but it seems to taste so nice here.
Advertisement for Euroshopper. HahahA! There are also Euroshopper mushroom, fish and chicken in the freezer. =)
Some Turkish Sweets. 5 for 10SEK. 1 was eaten up already. haha. Super sticky.
Candies found in a roadside stall.
I was struck by the football stadium type of steps along a river. I think these are for people to sit and enjoy the ducks in Spring. haha.

Went to Malmo for the third time today. It was such a big difference from the first time. At least I could see the ground this time and didn't have to step on the snow to walk. Woohooz. I went with Carol, another HK exchange student along my corridor. We ate a lunch buffet at Ming restaurant for 60SEK. The menu: deep fried spring roll, prawn crackers, pork with carrot, capisium n bamboo shoots, pork with capisium, baby corn n bamboo shoots but taste a little different from the other pork dish, curry chicken with mushroom n bamboo shoots, egg noodles, white rice, deep-fried shrimps, deep-fried mushroom and some salad. Notice the use of bamboo shoots and capisium. There was also mock "shark's fin" soup. =P Unlike the one in Lund, this lunch buffet in Malmo came with a free soft drink and free flow of coffee and biscuits. The type and taste of food in the Chinese restaurants in both Lund and Malmo are the same. However the noodles in the restaurant in Lund were literally saturated with salt and this Swedish lady still poured soy sauce over her noodles. She's so going to die of kidney failure.

Carol and I wanted to make tang yuan. We found glutinous flour but not peanut bits or sesame paste. We gave up the idea. I bought peanut butter from a Turkish grocery shop for 18 SEK. It comes from Manchester. Cool. Since my supply of Skippy peanut butter with grape strips is running low and I can't find an exact replacement, I shall replicate it by speading peanut butter with rashberry jam. hooray. This is for mornings when I'm too lazy to go to the kitchen to toast my bread and take my ham and cheese. Argh I still need to get the jam from the fridge. Thankfully I can still get my daily dose of calcium with chesdale cheese slices. It's the most expensive type of cheese here. The big chunks of cheese with holes are cheaper but they taste so hard. I should learn to like them.

We went to the shopping street in Malmo to do some shopping. Felt so happy to see Spring wear in Zara! So pretty and flowery. =) I tried on the smallest size for the skirts but they were too loose. I miss my denim skirts and flip-flops. Argh, didn't pack them in. Bought a Zara bag for 59 SEK. I bought 2 tops and 2 sweaters from Zara in Denmark the other time. I never ever had any Zara stuffs in my wardrobe until now. Within 2 weeks, I had already accumulated 5 Zara items. Bought a purple skirt from a mall for 49SEK. Dirt cheap. I got a down jacket for 149 SEK and a pair of snow boots for 200 DKK last week. These are for the Kiruna trip. Haha.

Went for cell group with Carol. I think God had sent me perhaps to bring her to church and cell group here. She was not able to find an english worship service for the past 6 mths and wanted to go back to God recently. We ate pasta and Southern US pear cobbler dessert at the cell group. They were fabulous! I wish I can particpate more during the discussion. A few reasons hamper my ability to participate more: my low level of doctrinal grounding, did not grow up with Peanuts, never prepare adequately, asian-western communication/discussion barrier. Oh well, I should really prepare more next time round.

It's so tempting to do baking here. The oven is so accessible. Maybe I should perfect the art of baking here. Argh still have to finish the supply of food in my fridge. I tried cooking for many meals in one go. It's a bad idea. I'm now stuck with the same food in my freezer for a week already. Save me.

The lightbulb for my ceiling light fused today. I replaced it with the lightbulb from my bedside lamp. Morale of the story: Do not leave the lights on 24/7. =(

1 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on sunshineinsweden.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Research indicates that closely 80% of all USA grownups are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

    About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home