Sweden!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunday and sunset




A view of the sunset.

I was walking to church at about 5 pm and managed to snap a few pictures of the sunset. Beautiful! Anyway I managed to locate the International Church of Lund by God's grace. I did not have any inkling about the exact location and decided to ask a passer-by for direction. I was truly delighted when his reply was "Follow me". :) The congregation is very small with about 20 people. It was a traditional service and we sang hymns. The sermon was a role-play of Peter by the pastor but it was really interesting. I think it was a special service by a visiting pastor who's a professional actor. I attended another church last week but it was a translated service. I find it rather hard to follow but the people are really really nice and warm in the church. Anyway before I left for service today, I was feeling hopeful. I prayed that the service will be suitable. I really want to attend service here cos I'm afraid that I will backslide easily if I don't have any feeding. I'm relatively young in faith and I do need support. Thank God for bringing me to the church with some farmiliar hymns and prayers. Felt much happier after the service. They are starting a bible study class next week. I took the initiative to find out more about it. I wonder how it will be like. Over here, I'm taking Cynthia's advice to ask for help if I need to and to mix around more with the locals. I still mix around more with Singaporeans but I'm definitely friendlier here than in Singapore. I make the effort to talk to my corridor mates when we meet in the kitchen and to say smile and say hi to people I meet in the laundry room or outside my corridor.

Janice, Grace, Jerald and I tried to plan for a Kiruna trip, albeit unsuccessfully. We were desperate to make use of our break on the 2nd Feb and do some travelling. We searched skyscanner.net for all the available cheap flights from Malmo, Goteburg and all the Denmark airports. We almost ended up going to Frankfurt cos that was the cheapest flight out! It was so hard to find a cheap and available flight out on the 2nd or 3rd Feb and we were willing to go anywhere just to get out! haha! Imagine our excitment when when we found a cheap flight to Frankfurt. It was quite hilarious! However, upon finding out that there's really nothing much to do there, we decided to give it a miss and go to London instead. haha! I should be going to Manchester to visit Millie if she's available. Cross my fingers and wait for her mail.

Lessons are starting tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home